Plugable Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Display Adapter Compatible with Late 2016/2017/2018 MacBook Pro Systems (Supports Up to Two 4K 60Hz Monitors Or One 5K) [Thunderbolt 3 Certified] by Plugable at eBuy Battery. MPN: TBT3-DP2X-83. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Supports up to two additional independent 4K displays (or a single 5k display) with 60Hz refresh rates. Thunderbolt 3-attached displays tap directly into your system's graphics processor to enable high-performance output without utilizing additional system resources.Not all Thunderbolt 3 systems are compatible with dual display graphics adapters. See plugable.com/tbt3-dp2x-83 for important compatibility information.Compatible SystemsFor both graphics adapter outputs to function, system
Product Description & Reviews
Supports up to two additional independent 4K displays (or a single 5k display) with 60Hz refresh rates. Thunderbolt 3-attached displays tap directly into your system's graphics processor to enable high-performance output without utilizing additional system resources.Not all Thunderbolt 3 systems are compatible with dual display graphics adapters. See plugable.com/tbt3-dp2x-83 for important compatibility information.Compatible SystemsFor both graphics adapter outputs to function, system manufacturer must have routed all DisplayPort lines to the Thunderbolt 3 port(s). This is an engineering decision made by your system manufacturer. Currently only Apple, Dell and HP Thunderbolt 3 systems meet this requirement but more compatible Thunderbolt 3 systems are expected in the future.Tested/validated with:Dell XPS 13 9350 & XPS 15 9560Apple MacBook Pro 2016 and iMac 2017Requires up-to-date system BIOS, Thunderbolt 3 drivers and firmware installed on host system.Non-compatible SystemsWill not function when attached to a non-Thunderbolt 3 USB-C portAs mentioned above, most current non-Apple, Dell or HP Thunderbolt 3 systems are not fully compatible due to a limited number of DisplayPort lines routed to the Thunderbolt 3 port.Usage with non-DisplayPort DisplaysConversion to HDMI/DVI /VGA can only be done with active adapters (not inexpensive DP++ passive adapters).In the Box1x Plugable TBT3-DP2X w/ built-in 10 inch (25 cm) Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable and quick-install guide.
Features & Highlights
- DISPLAYPORT ONLY - Please note this is the "DisplayPort" version of the adapter, not HDMI. Please see additional compatibility details available below and at plugable.com/tbt3-dp2x-83 prior to purchase
- COMPATIBILITY - Requires a compatible Thunderbolt 3 Apple Mac system. Compatible with the Apple MacBook Pro Late 2016/2017/2018 & iMac Late 2017/2018. USB-C laptops without Thunderbolt 3 are NOT supported. Please note 13" Thunderbolt 3 MBP systems with the Intel-only graphics configuration support a maximum of 2 total external displays
- TWO 4K DISPLAYS - Supports two DisplayPort monitors up to 4096x2160@60Hz (4K) or a single 5120x2880@60Hz (5K) display when used with compatible Thunderbolt 3 Mac systems, uncompressed and at full GPU performance. Many Windows systems only support a single display over Thunderbolt 3; please see below for additional details
- NOTES - Video outputs are pure DisplayPort, not DP++. Incompatible with "passive" DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/VGA adapters; must use active adapters if protocol conversion is required. Not all Windows systems support two displays via Thunderbolt 3
- PEACE OF MIND - We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. Our products are backed with a 1-year limited hardware warranty and Seattle-based email support
Computer Cable Adapters
5 x 8 x 1 inches
5.75 x 1.5 x 8.27 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.